TORONTO, ONTARIO, April 3rd 2020 —
With the novel Covid-19 virus taking an abrupt hold of the world, companies have been forced to quickly adapt, organizing remote work for employees with just a moment’s notice. The cloud services that make working from home possible have saved countless businesses from having to close their doors but it is important to stay wary of cyber threats that inevitably exist in the realm of cloud technology.
Here are some basic tips to help keep your company data secure while working remotely (the first 3 are the most critical).
- Avoid reusing passwords on multiple sites.
- Use two-factor authentication wherever possible
- Focus on long, simple passwords or phrases, instead of shorter, more
- Protect your email by using a separate account for password reset links
- complex ones (15+ characters)
- Choose passwords that can’t be easily determined from your social media accounts
- Make sure you choose passwords that won’t embarrass you if they’re leaked
- Stop browsers from remembering your passwords
- Do not use information that can be found in social media or online for password resets
- Use a password manager
If you need any assistance or want to explore cloud-based options and security measures for your business, Starport and Cyber724 are here to help. On behalf of our whole team, we hope you are staying safe and healthy during this time.
If you would like more information, please contact Chap Chau by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at (416) 479-8241 x724